[FAQs] Gameforge Login and the forums

• Hello, Commanders!

Recently we have received some questions about the Gameforge Login system and how it works in our forums, as well as inquiries related to it. With this thread, we hope to resolve any possible questions about it.

What is the Gameforge Login?

The Gameforge Login is a system implemented in our forums on May 12th. With it, you are able to create a new forum account directly with your Gameforge.com account and access your forum account with an unique Gameforge.com account (as long as the involved account is either created with your Gameforge.com account or linked to it).

Names/Words used

For clarity sake we will use two different words on the thread, those being:

• Old forum account:

This will be any account that was created with our old system (previous to the implementation of the Gameforge.com Login system) as long as they are not linked to a Gameforge.com account

• New forum account:

This will be any account that has been created with your Gameforge.com account OR it has been linked in the forums as explained further on this thread.

Will I be able to create a new forum account with the old system?

No. From the moment the system was implemented the only way for you to create a new forum account is via the "Gameforge Login" section.

Will I be able to continue using my old forum account?

Yes. If your account is not linked to a Gameforge.com account you can log in as you normally would via the "Login" section.

How can I create a new forum account with the new system?

If you don't have a Gameforge.com account, click on "Register Gameforge" then register (and validate) your Gameforge.com account.

If you have a Gameforge.com account you can simply click the Gameforge Login button GF.png, if you are not logged in with your Gameforge.com account it will ask for your Gameforge.com credentials, otherwise it will directly move you to the registration process.

How can I change the password of my forum account?

Old forum account

You can change the password of your old forum account by clicking on the Account Management available for you when you click on your avatar to access the Control Panel and then clicking Account Management under User Account.

New forum account

You can change the password of your new forum account by going to the Gameforge.com site, logging in and then going to the Settings of your account (option available when you click on your account name on the upper right of the site).

How can I recover the password of my forum account?

Old forum account

For old forum accounts the process is directly done via the Login section. Click "Lost Password" on the Login section, enter your forum username OR email address, verify the captcha and an email will be sent to you.

New forum account

For new forum accounts the process is done via the Gameforge.com site by either going to Sign in > type your Email, then click Next > and then "I forgot my password." or go directly to this link.

How can I change the email address of my forum account?

Old forum account

You can update the email address linked to your old forum account via the Account Management (as explained here).

New forum account

To change the email address of a new forum account please change your email via the Gameforge.com portal.