GAME: 'Hidden' Rule Clarifications

• Bashing:

1. We merged, so I just want to make sure we get attention to this before problems arise. Pegasus had different bashing rules, do the NEW universes have the same bashing rules as always or did they change? Can players vote on this? Can we also update the list of probe attack universes now that we've merged. I'm sure it would eliminate some tickets from peg players and others that are used to a 12 bashing rule. Especially if we can notify the players somehow that this has changed after they merge.

2. I've been told by GO's that any number of fleets which land at the same second count as 1 attack, therefore, players have been able to fly 50 MD missions on a single moon, by making 10x land 1 sec, 10x land another sec, etc. I've also been banned for doing this as bashing. Can we get clarification as to how same second fleets are handled so that GO's can enforce it consistently please?

3. "A bashing investigation will only proceed if a player is reported." I think this needs to be removed. Given the sensitive nature here, I'm happy to talk in a PM about it. But from a general standpoint you are basically saying you only enforce a rule if someone complains about it? That doesn't seem appropriate.

1. Comments / offensive language: I've been told that players can't be punished for insults unless they threaten the player in some way IRL or have a extreme nature. I.e. If I send a player in game message saying hes an idiot and a jerk and a liar, I can't be banned. If this is not the case, lets clarify a little bit so that rulings can be more consistent.

2. This is the big one: "Anything intended to saturate another player's interface is not permitted;"

a. I've seen unis where sending 1 IPM every few minutes, for days, against planets with no defense is rules as "Not spam"

b. I've seen unis where sending 1 recycler on a 10% attack mission from 3 galaxies away Is "Not spam"

c. I've seen unis where players received a warning for flying a full RIP fleet at a turtle slower than 100%

I think clarification or examples as to what justifications exist and what uses cases are considered spam is necessary to ensure players receive consistent treatment with this rule.

I also think the conduct of staff is regularly aggressive and adversarial to players. I frequently see mods and GO's state that its not their job to do things for players or that its not their problem if players don't understand the rules. Personally, I feel the exact opposite. I understand that some players can be more difficult to work with than others and often lines are crossed by players that require a hard-nosed approach by staff, however I feel that staff frequently treat players poorly for no legitimate reason out of frustration, lack of patience, lack of care, or poor customer service. At the end of the day, staff are volunteering to support and help the community, we (the community) should not be made to feel like we are a problem that the staff "aren't obligated" to deal with. I think virtually every staff member i've ever seen is guilty of this at one point or another. Having been a member myself, I have empathy for the situations that are often challenging. However, I think a lot of improvement needs to be made here as has been needed for a long time.

Lastly, I think timeliness of response from GO's and MOD's is a topic thats consistently brought up by players. I personally understand the nature of volunteer staff and how players expectations for Ticket/Board SLA times might be misaligned, but perhaps thats something that can be clarified. Can we help players understand what to expect from ticket response times, where and how they can be escalated when a situation might be time sensitive and/or identify systems where other staff might be able to step in to assist. As an example.

I have had a player loot split ticket that sat open for almost 3 days (the legal limit of player trades that must be completed before its considered pushing). Obviously GO's have lives too, but could I have looped in another person who could assist with basic items while the original responding GO was offline? If the situation were more urgent, could I escalate it somehow? The only escalation I've seen is to type in the ticket that you want to talk to a higher person, and logically that doesn't really fix the issue. As a player I do not know the answers to these questions and I "complain" that the information to answer them is missing or too hard to find. Can we improve awareness for the community on how to get issues addressed in a timely manner, when time is a factor?

I'm happy to brainstorm ideas on solutions to these problems, but felt just bringing them to the surface was a good start for now. Thanks for taking the time to read and thank you for your work supporting this community.

XOs7XMZ.png

Edited once, last by Malicious ().

• Here is a PERFECT example. Is this considered overview spam? I have 750Bn fleet sitting here, and this player many times smaller than me decides to fly a few thousand cargos into it at 10%... after I launch a RIP attack against his defense next door. I'm clearly flying a cheap fleet meant to take no losses on defense and minimize risk of ACS defend, and hes clearly flying to put a big red triangle on my screen. I can't even destroy the fleet and take the res, because then i'm "being pushed". Whats a player to do in this situation? Is this ok or is it harassment?

XOs7XMZ.png

• We merged, so I just want to make sure we get attention to this before problems arise. Pegasus had different bashing rules, do the NEW universes have the same bashing rules as always or did they change? Can players vote on this?

The new (target) universes all have the default limit of 6 attacks in a 24-hour period. To the best of my knowledge, this isn't a setting that can be voted on, but I've left Prongs a note to find out for sure.

Can we also update the list of probe attack universes now that we've merged.

I wasn't aware that there was a list. If you can point me in the direction of this list, I'll update it.

2. I've been told by GO's that any number of fleets which land at the same second count as 1 attack, therefore, players have been able to fly 50 MD missions on a single moon, by making 10x land 1 sec, 10x land another sec, etc. I've also been banned for doing this as bashing. Can we get clarification as to how same second fleets are handled so that GO's can enforce it consistently please?

Unless multiple fleets are ACS'd together, multiple fleets will each count as their own attack, regardless of when they land. If you were told otherwise in this community, I'd love to know when that was and who told you that, because that's not the case.

3. "A bashing investigation will only proceed if a player is reported." I think this needs to be removed. Given the sensitive nature here, I'm happy to talk in a PM about it. But from a general standpoint you are basically saying you only enforce a rule if someone complains about it? That doesn't seem appropriate.

That rule was changed by Gameforge some time ago, and as such, it's not ours to re-clarify. We are only permitted to punish for bashing if bashing was reported to us. If you want to talk specifics, you can talk to me about it, but there's probably nothing I can do to get this changed back to the way it used to be.

Here is a PERFECT example. Is this considered overview spam? I have 750Bn fleet sitting here, and this player many times smaller than me decides to fly a few thousand cargos into it at 10%... after I launch a RIP attack against his defense next door. I'm clearly flying a cheap fleet meant to take no losses on defense and minimize risk of ACS defend, and hes clearly flying to put a big red triangle on my screen. I can't even destroy the fleet and take the res, because then i'm "being pushed". Whats a player to do in this situation? Is this ok or is it harassment?

The way overview spam is defined is as "a pointless attack that serves no purpose other than to annoy". Since that attack has no chance of winning AND is sent at the slowest possible speed, I would label that as a pointless attack. Submit a ticket with the screenshot and as many details as you can remember, and your GO can look at the case.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• Hey queenie, I quoted it in my origional post. Its the 3rd bullet point in the US clarifications on bashing.

XOs7XMZ.png

• I know you did, but that's part of the actual rule set by Gameforge, not our clarifications. This is all of the bashing rule set forth by GF. We don't have the ability to change any part of this.

firma-2.jpg

• The new (target) universes all have the default limit of 6 attacks in a 24-hour period. To the best of my knowledge, this isn't a setting that can be voted on, but I've left Prongs a note to find out for sure.

Old universes may not vote to change bashing limits. It's a setting that can be considered for new universes.

firma-2.jpg

• I know you did, but that's part of the actual rule set by Gameforge, not our clarifications. This is all of the bashing rule set forth by GF. We don't have the ability to change any part of this.

lol we aren’t in the same page. You asked me to point out where probe storage uni are listed. The universes are mentioned by name in the 3rd bullet of us clarifications on bashing :P

XOs7XMZ.png