State of the Union - Yildun [post-merge]

• Queen Leo its for sure we want to vote for 8 eco / 16 research. I think 2x vs 4x is also a solid choice. I know we are looking at settings AFTER world merges are finished. Do you have any information on what the timeline might be fore world merge and/or any waiting period between the merge and when we are able to cast votes?

XOs7XMZ.png

• I know we are looking at settings AFTER world merges are finished. Do you have any information on what the timeline might be fore world merge and/or any waiting period between the merge and when we are able to cast votes?

I'm not sure.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• Just out of curiosity, is anything done to even verify that the players commenting in this thread actually PLAY in the uni?

XOs7XMZ.png

• Everyones out here complaining that a 4x vote will kill the uni and make players vmode forever, half the 1-100 have already gone vmode just because they aren't top 10 anymore lol

XOs7XMZ.png

• Just out of curiosity, is anything done to even verify that the players commenting in this thread actually PLAY in the uni?

There isn't any way for me to do that, given that there's no requirement that your board name has to match your in-game name, and some players change their game names weekly anyway.

firma-2.jpg

• There isn't any way for me to do that, given that there's no requirement that your board name has to match your in-game name, and some players change their game names weekly anyway.

Naturally, it makes sense, I was just thinking about some of the previous posts In this thread where players openly argue against the vote but also clearly state that they don't even play in the universe. It posses a challenge when you guys try to determine how to best pick settings for the players, when people who don't play are the ones talking.

XOs7XMZ.png

• Well, it's not up to me to pick them. You guys have to decide in this thread what you're going to vote on. All I do is pass those settings on to Prongs, and then he sets up the polls. I will no longer settle the debate; as instructed by my boss, you guys are in charge of deciding what to vote on, if you can't decide, then no poll can be done.

firma-2.jpg

• What constitutes a 'decision'. for example, there is alot of back and forth here, but its just over 2x vs 4x. So does that mean we decided we want to vote to keep 2x or up to 4x.

Or does everyone have to agree to even have the 4x vote in the first place?

XOs7XMZ.png

• [cbox][/cbox]Everyones out here complaining that a 4x vote will kill the uni and make players vmode forever, half the 1-100 have already gone vmode just because they aren't top 10 anymore lol

If your data was recent, could be because its the weekend. Because people might have extra work on the weekend, have family to see, actually want to do things. You do know that statistically speaking, weekends are usually the time when people vmode the most, right? Those days and the holidays. Also, why would someone here, I for example, be heavily invested in this conversation if they weren't playing the server? For me, I am debating for those who might not have the time to check the forum but have voiced their disgust with the idea of 4x fleet speed with me. That is why I'm here. Lol verification if they play here.

Naturally, it makes sense, I was just thinking about some of the previous posts In this thread where players openly argue against the vote but also clearly state that they don't even play in the universe.

Pointdexter, the player who mentioned it told you that you should try Uni1.org if you think you are talented enough as it is. They play this uni. Pip down man. We all play Yildun here.

I don't think it is worth voting on it and there are at least a dozen I can say doesn't care to see a vote on it. And we can continue to show our dislike for anything fleet speed related. I am sure other settings can be discussed if you wish.

• Your polls will have two choices for each setting - the current setting and the proposed setting. You all need to agree on what the proposed setting will be to even have a poll created. You don't have to agree that you all want 4x, but you do have to decide between 4x and all of the other options in order to move forward.

firma-2.jpg

• You mean between those two settings?

- x8 eco / x16 research

- x4 fleet

Yildun - Thanos, from top 35 after the merge to top 1

Quaoar - Former top 1 before the merge [Off]

Himalia - Former top 9 [Off]

• I mean if you want to vote to try to change economy speed, you all need to agree on what new setting you want to vote on. The current setting gets added to the poll automatically. The research multiplier really follows economy speed, so it's not necessary to vote on it separately, unless you were at a research multiplier of 1x, and you wanted to vote to change it to 2x or something (but your multiplier is already 2x).

If you also want to vote to try to change fleet speed, then you all need to agree on what new setting you want to vote on.

The same applies for ALL settings you wish to try to change - agree on one new one to vote on; the current setting will automatically go into the poll.

firma-2.jpg

• You mean between those two settings?

- x8 eco / x16 research

- x4 fleet

I think there is consensus that we want these voted for. No other options have been discussed. Queen Leo

Does anyone actually want to see changes in probe storage or didf? I don’t.

XOs7XMZ.png

• So it wont be a multiple choice for fleet speed?

I dont care for 4x. I prefer 2x. I would be fine with 3x.

Shouldnt ALL the fleet speed changes be voted on? Right up to 6x?

• How the vote would happen then?

I wanna clear it.

1/ One of the two options will be in vote with options: yes / no

OR

2/Option 1: x8 eco / x16 research

option 2: x4 fleet

option 3 : no change

I suppose in the first way, the new settings are adopted if 80% of the player vote yes, but for the second one?

A previous vote, andanother one for the option who got highest % of votes? And we revote and need 80% player that agree?

The problem is if we have 3 options, does not mean the one with main votes would be accepted by most of the players... (ex: 30% / 40% / 40%)

Yildun - Thanos, from top 35 after the merge to top 1

Quaoar - Former top 1 before the merge [Off]

Himalia - Former top 9 [Off]

• Queen Leo, is it possible for you to set up an "informal" poll, so we can narrow down the choices when the time comes to run an "official" one? I like King Stinsons idea above, maybe expand it a bit for an unofficial head-count type thing. For all we know, "no changes" may already be the overwhelming choice.

I want 8x-16x eco-research and 3x fleet speed and no other changes.