State of the Union - Yildun [post-merge]

• I think we'd really like to see a settings vote ASAP. Specifically, for a 4x speed.

XOs7XMZ.png

• The minute it changes speed, I will be vmoding after playing the server for a day and a half. I came to play 2x fleet speed. At least keep the settings as they are a little longer or something. We just finished a merging, lets just play on the specs we have.

• NERF VOLKE PLEASE!

+1

Also, why in the world ask for change right now? We just got here. There were plenty of speed unis to pick from, 3x and 6x. While I actually enjoy 4x the best, its hard to justify advertising 2x just to change it quickly.

the cold hard parrot truth..

• No way yildun changes!

I came here for x2 fleet, not a x4

you could have gone elsewhere if you wanted a faster fleet

Yildun - Thanos, from top 35 after the merge to top 1

Quaoar - Former top 1 before the merge [Off]

Himalia - Former top 9 [Off]

• +1

Also, why in the world ask for change right now? We just got here. There were plenty of speed unis to pick from, 3x and 6x. While I actually enjoy 4x the best, its hard to justify advertising 2x just to change it quickly.

I chose a fast server 6 months ago. During the merger, I didn't have a choice on a fast server because I already have an account there.

And that is the case with many players. Few are happy with the choice.

Setting up a new speed would be really great

• +1

x6 was japatus is relatively old server and everyone there is in the same alliance. pretty sure thats why noone took the universe with the speed stats.

x3 is considdered slow, and has only 50% df

so everyone playing speed universes see yildun as the only option. and they pick yildun hoping the speed will increase to 4x or higher.

• +1

When the community asked why those settings were chosen, the STAFF actually said we would hold a vote after the merge. We were given NO say in which unis we merged into and the mitigating statement was we WOULD vote. Many people joined Yildun, expecting to be able to tweak a setting or two.

The issue is there was no medium speed option for fleeters, there were plenty of slow unis for those that dont' fly, but 80% DF and 2x was an unpopular choice for many of us. If the majority agrees, then it should honestly be 4x, why not vote? IF most of the players actually want 2x it would stay 2x.. if the vote passes, then clealry thats what the majority would prefer. There is nothing wrong with people wanting the same settings, or different ones.. thats why we vote.. the majority should decide what the server should be, not a small handful of active board members who don't even represent 1% of the universe.

XOs7XMZ.png

• they pick yildun hoping the speed will increase to 4x or higher.

Many people joined Yildun, expecting to be able to tweak a setting or two.

I will vote no to any fleet speed change and I would recommend the new accounts to Yildun do the same. We did not come to Yildun just to find out that settings will be changed. Im positive that those who already would say no and those who merged into Yildun will not allow your proposal to go through. If I have to hire 100 players to throw the balance of the vote, I will XD jk of course. Democracy isnt dead.....

• I don't think you get what just happened over the last couple of days so Im gonna just paint the picture. Pretend there is about 100 of you who want the 4x fleet change. Im also guessing that you all had some who said no to the idea. Lets say there is 20 of them, Now lets imagine just 50-75 transferred into this 7x Eco and 2x Fleet server. That means around 70-95 of the people in the vote are against voting for it. That means 42% to 48% of the vote is no compared to what it was before the merger went down. This means WE. WILL. NOT. VOTE. FOR. FLEET. CHANGE. PERIOD.
    Plus, GF has a particular voting system that requires an above and beyond majority requirement. I know how it works (and Im sure many of you know) so yeah, plan of no change. Also, doesnt Yildun's page on the Lobby mention that its style of play caters to "support peaceful play". You entered this place thinking you could art deco it up for your Fleeting Pad. Sorry to bust your bubble but the server is supposed to cater to miners. If you wanted to really fleet like a pro, I think Jap would be more your thing.

• im good with voting for 4x and will do so. my objection was the timing. sadly this is how merges go, some are forced to pick outside of what they originally had in their home unis. or as midnight pointed out, a bunch of new players merge that now want changes to be made that dont align with the current settings they are use to. 2x or 4x fleets are still dieing and things seem pretty well off considering the dead unis most of us came from.

the cold hard parrot truth..

• This is ridiculous. We only just joined and you want a vote? If I knew that, I would have just let one of my accounts expire. No point playing a universe that is gonna amp up their fleetspeed. This is not why many of us came to this place. Like give it 6 months for those who merged to be used to you people.