Easter Week! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all!

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • SunWarriorKing wrote:

      While I am of another religion, I do feel like how you picture your faith is based on your perspective. Faith comes in all shapes and sizes.


      Religion is the most important issue of mankind, and it is easy for him to cause disagreement. I understand very well why the board of directors is trying to block some religious content.

      In China where I live, there are all kinds of religions, Mahayana Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, and even a few Hindu "Krishna" factions, Baha'i. In addition, there are some very silly Marxists (they claim to believe in this too). A lot of people will think of me as an alien. They asked me why I believed in Jesus. Few of my relatives believed in Jesus. But I insisted on being different from them, as if I had betrayed them. They even threatened me.

      I answered them that all human beings come from God's creation, so there are always some similar elements in the religion that some people participate in, but the truth is Jesus, the only one.

      They retorted that it was only my own opinion. I answered them that if all judgments come from one's own reason, then there is no need for religion and one can only believe in oneself, but it is clear that human beings can not solve all problems by relying on oneself. I told them that my first reason came not from myself, but from the inspiration of Jesus; so let me judge that this is right, or that error, from faith, not from my reason.

      Obviously, I have only a few friends, most of whom regard me as an enemy, but I am happy because Jesus helped me face all this. In my heart, the glory of human history belongs to the Middle Ages, not to my Han culture.




      I'm Gabriel Domist, a Catholic conservative, and a Domist. I was born in a dangerous zone. Please pray for me. I will always remember what Jesus said. “Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me. ” ( John 14:6 )

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Gabriel ().

    • not this s**t again.....

      It is your opinion. It is absolutely not proven and 100% based on "Faith" Faith according to the dictionary is "belief that is not based on proof:".

      There is no proof of any of this.

      So I come from a different religion as well. Its called FACT and LOGIC!!!!!!!!
      "nobody cares"
    • Okay now, that's enough. @Gabriel not everyone believes as you do, and we're getting back into dangerous territory. You can voice your beliefs, but they're YOUR beliefs.

      And @mattski, Andvari300 posted some guidelines in this board for threads like these. We got a really strong pushback from a lot of people when we closed some of these threads, so we agreed to reopen this one. You don't have to like what he said, and you definitely don't have to agree with it, but the posts on this board need to remain civil. If you can't be civil, please just walk away from the thread.


      ~Thank you for the beautiful sig, Silverwind~
    • Gabriel wrote:

      In China where I live, there are all kinds of religions, Mahayana Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, and even a few Hindu "Krishna" factions, Baha'i.
      Thank you for informing me of something I did not even know existed. The one thing I like to do is be open to what people know. Sometimes, experience is the best teacher and having someone of a different environment can help fuel learning.

      Matt, I understand that you don't believe in the same system Gabriel does. And that is a good thing. You have a choice belief and you made it. You stuck to it. Just like how I have a belief in a holy guru from my parent's home country and just like how Gabriel believes in Jesus. But you seem like you are ready to pounce on him. I feel like for him, it is more allowing others to see the kind of things he believes in. Opening up to the community about how things work for him. Like telling his side on the multisided dice.

      Gabriel wrote:

      They retorted that it was only my own opinion. I answered them that if all judgments come from one's own reason, then there is no need for religion and one can only believe in oneself, but it is clear that human beings can not solve all problems by relying on oneself. I told them that my first reason came not from myself, but from the inspiration of Jesus; so let me judge that this is right, or that error, from faith, not from my reason.

      Gabriel wrote:

      I am happy because Jesus helped me face all this. In my heart, the glory of human history belongs to the Middle Ages, not to my Han culture.
      I am glad you were able to find your own way during a time where the world has so much crap going on. You shouldn't be pushed to believe in something you don't want to.
      I cannot come to the phone right now. Want to contact me?

    • Oh, please relax. I say sorry to everyone. If necessary, the board can close the dialogue again. I respect it very much. I'm not really a challenger. I just saw the window open again, so I continued some conversations. I didn't mean to cause a crisis. We have different backgrounds for similar topics. I don't mean different ideas, but different environments. I live in a society that needs some outbreaks of ideas, otherwise I will feel extremely depressed. My breath and blood are full of dust, so I need some explosive thoughts. There is a lot of harmony in my society. "Economic Correctness", "Political Correctness", "Happy Correctness", "Cultural Correctness". But I think it's like a high-speed space-time wave. It's like a wall. I can't be part of it. Something isolates me so that I can breathe. Maybe I brought something "incorrect" because I seldom communicate with people. I'm very sorry. I'll send other content elsewhere later, and I don't want anyone to get angry about it. ;) :thumbup: :love:




      I'm Gabriel Domist, a Catholic conservative, and a Domist. I was born in a dangerous zone. Please pray for me. I will always remember what Jesus said. “Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me. ” ( John 14:6 )
    • Gabriel wrote:

      Oh, please relax. I say sorry to everyone.
      I, myself, am perfectly relaxed. I just meant those who are angry that you talk of your situation and love. for Jesus don't have to participate.

      I also don't think you need to apologize to anyone.

      You message was one of good will and peace, even to those that don't believe what you do. What harm is it to wish someone well from your cultural or spiritual perspective?

      Further, you're also talking more about the plight of your oppression in your region of the world.

      I think it's critical that people, especially here on the US board where most are from US or UK, to understand freedom isn't something everyone enjoys.

      We don't understand sometimes the dangers of "politically correctness" and where an extreme of that can lead. ...censorship.

      So really we're talking about the first amendment of our US Constitution which is the very cornerstone of American society, and I might venture a very important part of western civilization.

      So speak on my friend, as long as your message isn't filled with utter hate, calls to violence or real life threats I think you should be able to say it.

      As to your plight specifically: it seems you are a super minority in your region, do you practice your faith openly, or are you forced not to speak of it, and censored?
    • Silverwind wrote:

      Gabriel wrote:

      Oh, please relax. I say sorry to everyone.
      I, myself, am perfectly relaxed. I just meant those who are angry that you talk of your situation and love. for Jesus don't have to participate.
      I also don't think you need to apologize to anyone.

      You message was one of good will and peace, even to those that don't believe what you do. What harm is it to wish someone well from your cultural or spiritual perspective?

      Further, you're also talking more about the plight of your oppression in your region of the world.

      I think it's critical that people, especially here on the US board where most are from US or UK, to understand freedom isn't something everyone enjoys.

      We don't understand sometimes the dangers of "politically correctness" and where an extreme of that can lead. ...censorship.

      So really we're talking about the first amendment of our US Constitution which is the very cornerstone of American society, and I might venture a very important part of western civilization.

      So speak on my friend, as long as your message isn't filled with utter hate, calls to violence or real life threats I think you should be able to say it.

      As to your plight specifically: it seems you are a super minority in your region, do you practice your faith openly, or are you forced not to speak of it, and censored?

      The issue of freedom is in China. It's a complex dilemma. Of course, maybe some Americans have come to China and lived there for years or even decades. He will tell you that the problem in China is not "too serious". Of course, he only lives in big cities, as a visiting scholar, or other important role by China. He would believe in the disguise that China made in every pore. Maybe some other Americans went to China's small cities and did not live there for a long time or become poor. He would think that China might have many problems, but it was not "too serious", because even in the countryside, every camouflage was carefully planned and he would not find the truth. When you ask the residents of big cities, they will also say that our country is a great dream, because they only have status and personal benefits in their eyes. I say "they only have", if you don't live here as an ordinary person, it may be difficult for you to understand what "only money in the eyes" is. Especially, they will hold a few words of Confucianism. Tell you, they don't value money. Finally, when you ask many wealthy Chinese sent to the United States, he will say, "Our country is great, and China is more free than the United States." Of course, every penny of their money comes from the poor.

      In fact, China is not a society that respects the law. There is no law, there is no legal system independent of politics. Everything is just a tool to disguise power. Yes, you can see the protection of religion and all kinds of freedoms in the "White Paper" of China. Maybe you will believe it. How can I explain to you? I can only say that all laws here are "gray" enforcement. How to enforce the law and should it be enforced? It can be executed here, but not there. It is uncertain to judge whether a thing is right or wrong by law. Everything is vague and uncertain. If the country does not want you to believe in religion, he will always try his best to achieve this goal, although he tells you "Yes, you can believe in religion". Living here is like living by a lake in an African forest. You see a lot of people washing clothes or drinking water at the water's edge. They seem to be living a good life, but no one pays special attention to what uncertainties they will be swallowed up by crocodiles. They simply think that crocodiles are not too many after all, and that there are not too many dead people, at least not themselves. If you tell them that life and dignity are important, but they say, every day in their own world is OK, who knows the future? Who can change the world?

      In short, there is a deep danger here, but the surface is not easy to see. It began before 2000. Before the Han Dynasty, Confucianism destroyed equality and honesty between officials and people, and opposed them. They called these concepts "li yue 禮樂". Confucianism also led to all education and thinking for the sole purpose of being an official. They called this way "ke ju 科舉". I do not understand the United States, nor do I know Trump, but in front of Jesus, I also admit that at least for many problems in China, Trump is correct and completely correct. He was like Cyrus the Great in the prophetic period of Isaiah, defending justice, and he had to stick to his beliefs more vigorously and not shrink back.




      I'm Gabriel Domist, a Catholic conservative, and a Domist. I was born in a dangerous zone. Please pray for me. I will always remember what Jesus said. “Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me. ” ( John 14:6 )

      The post was edited 7 times, last by Gabriel ().

    • That's an interesting insight. So, my understanding is, the government there wants to create a great prosperity and freedom, but behind those words they move toward a different agenda?

      And part of that agenda is focused more on tolerating Confucianism and other "traditional" Chinese beliefs but quietly squashing Christian thought?

      Do you think that the establishment is troubled by Christianity because it challenges eastern thought and convictions or do you think it is more driven by politics? Or maybe both?

      What is great about true freedom and open minded talking (no matter the nation) is that we can all learn something from each other.

      Understanding leads to tolerance, and to me that's a a noble effort for humanity.
    • Silverwind wrote:

      That's an interesting insight. So, my understanding is, the government there wants to create a great prosperity and freedom, but behind those words they move toward a different agenda?

      And part of that agenda is focused more on tolerating Confucianism and other "traditional" Chinese beliefs but quietly squashing Christian thought?

      Do you think that the establishment is troubled by Christianity because it challenges eastern thought and convictions or do you think it is more driven by politics? Or maybe both?

      What is great about true freedom and open minded talking (no matter the nation) is that we can all learn something from each other.

      Understanding leads to tolerance, and to me that's a a noble effort for humanity.

      Corwin wrote:

      Don't pay attention to those who don't understand your situation and where you're coming from @Gabriel I'd like to know more about the situation in China, as I'm sure most things we know is fake and what government wants us to believe.

      Thx Every, Maybe Japan is what you said, "Toyotomi Hideyoshi", is what you said. Their clear answer is that Western religions have brought different ideas, which he believes is not conducive to national unity. At least he wanted his country to be great and everyone to be free, albeit in some ways "Toyotomi Hideyoshi" like paranoid.

      China must not be understood in this way. Yes, you heard those people say they want China to prosper and serve the people. Maybe you will believe it, because you think it is the most basic reason of a country. You can't imagine a country without reason. The Chinese say that Qin Shihuang built a powerful country, as you can see in their books. Yes, it's great. It's a great prison. That's all. If you stand on the Great Wall of China, you might say, it's great. Of course, under it are the bones of countless people who have been whipped and lost their sons and wives. They are forced to build the building. What China needs is absolute obedience, not everyone's greatness.

      If you ask me, where is it like here? It's the movie Divergent, the Maze Runner. These movies depict even real China, the "Utopian Empire". But there is no Runner, no hero, only paleness. I found my belief, in crisis, not in happiness, which made me live and try to leave.

      I know that everyone has his own beliefs; I am not saying that my beliefs are good, that everyone else is bad, I am not saying that. I just hope that many people will understand the very few people living in China who value the ancient beliefs of a Western society and our situation as much as I do. If some of you have the opportunity to participate in international politics in the future, you will remember that.




      I'm Gabriel Domist, a Catholic conservative, and a Domist. I was born in a dangerous zone. Please pray for me. I will always remember what Jesus said. “Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me. ” ( John 14:6 )

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Gabriel ().

    • This is actually getting interesting!

      So what you're saying is: Western religions (now more so than this past for sure) promote individuality and that is something the Chinese government finds inconvenient. Yeah? You would have trouble building all these historically massive things (great wall, forbidden city, etc..) without what basically amounts to slave/conscripted/forced labor.

      That's pretty interesting, as the flip side is western culture sees (not all, but an increasingly large percentage of the population, especially people under 40) religion as a restrictive and increasingly divisive element in society.

      However Gabriel. Having read up a bit on dominionism, isn't running your government for the enrichment of a religion or particular ethos kind of what you're railing against? I mean sure, it fits with your beliefs, but shouldn't a government look out for the interest of the people (ideally) regardless of religious or ideological differences? The polar opposite sides of the line tend to become very similar to each other when they adhere to their theology without taking into perspective that everyone is different.

      Thanks Disaster for the siggy

      ]
    • ManSizedRooster wrote:

      This is actually getting interesting!
      I second that!

      If we are open minded we can learn something about the world around us. It doesn't mean we have to believe his belief, but just that we can listen and understand where he's coming from.

      If we'd have cut this off we'd have missed a great opportunity.

      @Gabriel I'd still wonder if you can tell us, do you meet to practice your faith in the open, or do you have to mask what you are doing as not to cause too much trouble?
    • Silverwind wrote:

      ManSizedRooster wrote:

      This is actually getting interesting!
      I second that!
      If we are open minded we can learn something about the world around us. It doesn't mean we have to believe his belief, but just that we can listen and understand where he's coming from.

      If we'd have cut this off we'd have missed a great opportunity.

      @Gabriel I'd still wonder if you can tell us, do you meet to practice your faith in the open, or do you have to mask what you are doing as not to cause too much trouble?

      There is no independent Catholic education. There is no independent monastic system. Church activities can only be held in church. Some areas (except big cities) are not allowed to go to churches until they are 18 years old. Opening up one's beliefs on the Internet will be banned in most cases by various means. Although sometimes that may not be fully implemented, the Bible cannot be sold publicly, and books of any Christian religion can not be seen in bookstores, which is 100%. According to them, faith can only be placed in churches. But the problem is that they can put their political education in church. There are many uncertain and complex problems.
      For China, Christianity is only one problem. There are also many ideological and cultural problems that will be banned as long as they are inconsistent with the views of the state. All of them, even reading societies for the study of Marxism. As long as the "Marx" here is different from the "Marx" of the state, it will be forbidden. I have said a lot. It is true that China does not consider everyone, but a few people themselves.
      You are a free democracy. We are not. The difference is just this. All Americans can abuse trump. Our attacking officials will be "evaporated" and you will never see him again. The difference is just this.




      I'm Gabriel Domist, a Catholic conservative, and a Domist. I was born in a dangerous zone. Please pray for me. I will always remember what Jesus said. “Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me. ” ( John 14:6 )

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Gabriel ().

    • @Gabriel

      No answer to my question(s)?

      ManSizedRooster wrote:



      However Gabriel. Having read up a bit on dominionism, isn't running your government for the enrichment of a religion or particular ethos kind of what you're railing against? I mean sure, it fits with your beliefs, but shouldn't a government look out for the interest of the people (ideally) regardless of religious or ideological differences? The polar opposite sides of the line tend to become very similar to each other when they adhere to their theology without taking into perspective that everyone is different.

      Thanks Disaster for the siggy

      ]
    • ManSizedRooster wrote:

      @Gabriel

      No answer to my question(s)?

      ManSizedRooster wrote:

      However Gabriel. Having read up a bit on dominionism, isn't running your government for the enrichment of a religion or particular ethos kind of what you're railing against? I mean sure, it fits with your beliefs, but shouldn't a government look out for the interest of the people (ideally) regardless of religious or ideological differences? The polar opposite sides of the line tend to become very similar to each other when they adhere to their theology without taking into perspective that everyone is different.



      Similar to your point of view, I mentioned it in "32". Although I wasn't there to answer you:

      "Maybe Japan is what you said, "Toyotomi Hideyoshi", is what you said. Their clear answer is that Western religions have brought different ideas, which he believes is not conducive to national unity. At least he wanted his country to be great and everyone to be free, albeit in some ways "Toyotomi Hideyoshi" like paranoid.

      China must not be understood in this way. Yes, you heard those people say they want China to prosper and serve the people. Maybe you will believe it, because you think it is the most basic reason of a country. You can't imagine a country without reason. The Chinese say that Qin Shihuang built a powerful country, as you can see in their books. Yes, it's great. It's a great prison. That's all. If you stand on the Great Wall of China, you might say, it's great. Of course, under it are the bones of countless people who have been whipped and lost their sons and wives. They are forced to build the building. What China needs is absolute obedience, not everyone's greatness."

      Maybe you will see more truth here, not from me. I don't mean that "ewtn" represents the truth, no, I mean, this Cardinal Joseph Zen(Chen Rijun), who is nearly 90 years old from China (Hong Kong). He's a cardinal, and he won't complain like me, Of course, there are many people who oppose him, but you can understand what you need, and @Silverwind , and every sir, all can see a lot here:

      facebook.com/ewtnonline/videos…OToxNTY1Nzc5MDkwMjMzNzc1/




      I'm Gabriel Domist, a Catholic conservative, and a Domist. I was born in a dangerous zone. Please pray for me. I will always remember what Jesus said. “Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me. ” ( John 14:6 )

      The post was edited 5 times, last by Gabriel ().

    • I think you might be missing the point of what im saying.

      You have a problem about a government that aggressivley doesnt accept differing views.

      However from what i am understanding, dominists propose the same thing - with just a different/religous idealogy. Am I mistaken?

      What you should understand about the west and some peoples view on the Catholic faith is that it is responsible for some pretty horrific things, like witch trials, the inquisition, mass pedophilia coverups, and basically using repression of free thought and science to further various political goals. Recently this seems to have taken a turn for the better, however you can still see the direct results of some of these things. What people find concerning is that dominism seems to really propogate the worst of these qualities.

      Thanks Disaster for the siggy

      ]

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ManSizedRooster ().

    • ManSizedRooster wrote:

      I think you might be missing the point of what im saying.

      You have a problem about a government that aggressivley doesnt accept differing views.

      However from what i am understanding, dominists propose the same thing - with just a different/religous idealogy. Am I mistaken?

      What you should understand about the west and some peoples view on the Catholic faith is that it is responsible for some pretty horrific things, like witch trials, the inquisition, mass pedophilia coverups, and basically using repression of free thought and science to further various political goals. Recently this seems to have taken a turn for the better, however you can still see the direct results of some of these things. What people find concerning is that dominism seems to really propogate the worst of these qualities.

      It's not because they have another religion or ideology that I've repeatedly emphasized. For example, they call themselves Marxists. They believe in communism. Of course, another group of people who study Marxism is destroyed here. They are the "Marxist Reading Association of Peking University". The reason is simple. The "Marx" in this group is different from their "Marx". So all they want is to obey them, just like organizations in all Utopian movies, not ideas.

      For all descriptions of religious censorship,

      1, they are all fictions of "black legend", which has no reliable factual basis. Obviously, it must be admitted that there is no specific basis for the so-called "darkness". What I am talking about is a legally valid basis for investigation. Everything comes from the falsehood between different denominations. Even 羅振宇(“邏輯思維”創辦人), a Chinese scholar, admits that "the religious tribunals have avoided the killing of most heretics by local political groups and angry civilians, and not many people have been killed".

      2, the Catholic Church is only responsible for judging heresy according to the laws of the Church. As for how to deal with heresy, it does not belong to the church law, but to politics. We must make a distinction in this respect.

      3, the most reliable basis for the inquisition is that in the 16th century, the Spanish saint, Teresa of Avila, was summoned many times by the Inquisition for the purpose of reforming the congregation. In her book "Teresa of Avila: the book of her life", she claims, "Must we fear religious courts? It's very bad idea. I should go there myself if necessary." She even considered the religious court a "lucky opportunity" (to help her examine whether her reforms came from God).

      Below is my screenshot. If you can understand Chinese. if you can't, you can only find Spanish. I don't have it here. Who has a better voice than those who go to the religious court in person?



      As for witches, it should be known that today the children of Europeans are not taken medicine by someone next door, The children of Europeans did not disappear in large numbers because today is a world without witches. But apparently, the Europeans opened the door to another group of people. The American Trump was repairing the wall. They opened the door, and they found themselves in a big trouble, obviously. Europeans should learn the truth of the Middle Ages. Peace is sometimes based on distance, not integration. I think that's what Trump means.

      Referring to the Middle Ages, modern people can not think rationally, "the struggle between religion and politics", and "the unity of religion and politics", the difference between the two! The Great Charter of Liberty in England came from the Middle Ages. Obviously, that's it. Well, in my opinion, is the great age of mankind in the Middle Ages, and today all the spiritual wealth comes from the accumulation of that age. If human beings do not understand Aristotle, they will not understand science or philosophy. If human beings do not understand St. Thomas Aquinas of the Dominican Church, they will not really think.




      I'm Gabriel Domist, a Catholic conservative, and a Domist. I was born in a dangerous zone. Please pray for me. I will always remember what Jesus said. “Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me. ” ( John 14:6 )

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Gabriel ().