Account/accounts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Silverwind
      I’m not disagreeing with you nor am I being disrespectful of your knowledge on this subject. Im just wondering why giving away your entire lobby would be a violation of rules.

If GF is attempting to fix this issue so accounts can be given away, how would giving the entire lobby and accounts be violating the spirit of their intentions?

Who would be harmed? How would that violate a rule?

And lastly, where is that stated in the rules?

Sorry to object to this concept.
      Gabby
    • New

I came back to Ogame last year. I was in Wasat and stopped playing after the merge fiasco where everyone was sent to Peg or uni1...

This time, the merge is actualy very well planned. Its almost like all the new servers were planned for a future merge. Hats to that ! People want back in !!!

I was given an account, thanx again Silver :P , bought a pack. Then i was given a better account, bought a couple of packs.

All i am saying is the account trading is a vital aspect of the game and i dont undertand why its not a priority fix especialy with a big merge comming. Its like paving a road before digging the holes.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      "Albert Einstein"
    • New

Gabby wrote:

Silverwind
      I’m not disagreeing with you nor am I being disrespectful of your knowledge on this subject. Im just wondering why giving away your entire lobby would be a violation of rules.

If GF is attempting to fix this issue so accounts can be given away, how would giving the entire lobby and accounts be violating the spirit of their intentions?

Gabby

The problem is that the rules are not adjusted to allowing lobby account giveaways, so it could violate the following in T&C:

3.1.4 Unless permitted under the Rules, the user is not entitled under any circumstances to use the log-in data of another user.

This violation could give you a permanent ban, but I will try to talk to our CoMa about it tomorrow and give you an official answer on it :)
      GA - OGame.us
      TM - OGame.dk
      Mail: erikfyr@ogame.dk

Contact the staff here
    • New

Gabby wrote:

Silverwind

Gabby
      First, I am for the return of legal account trades and hope a future solution can be found and clarified.

Second, I used the word "may", which means the door is open to swing either way depending on the circumstances.

I am in no way feeling disrespected, and you can disagree with me anytime you like. :D

Conversation and disagreement can bring good solutions to the table for the whole community and doesn't have to be an ugly affair. :thumbsup:

Currently I was reading and referring section 3.1.4 of the T&C:

3.1.4 Unless permitted under the Rules, the user is not entitled under any circumstances to use the log-in data of another user.

For me, as a SGO, the "spirit of intentions" isn't part of rules.

For me the rule says what it says.

If you start trying to interpret a player's "intentions" it's a slippery slope.

Just as I can say you intended no harm in an account giveaway, I could also say you intended to cheat. In either case, without proof how can it be established what you intended until it's too late and you've violated the rules?

I follow these guidelines as they provide a level playing field for everyone here.

• New

I just want to play Ogame.... and every time i check the board i learn my account will be banned.

1. I had AGO. I deleted it because i checked the board and i learned it was not allow anymore. No message ingame. So i think a lot players are using it.

2. I am sharing my own login to the lobby with a friend. He has is account on universe 1 and me universe 2.
      We are not cheater. I take the risk because he can delete my planets (for example) and GF will do nothing. It's my choice.
      I have sent a message to the support and they gave me this answer.

Now i check this rules 3.1.4 and i learned again that my account can be banned...
      I think this rules can't be applicated because GF doesn't give us a way to change our email-adress. We have only two options : Perma Vmode or be banned.
      So i chose be banned and until this day i am playing and i have fun.

What happen if i have DM and i banned ? I put GF on trial ? With this argument : GF doesn't give any solution to trade account ?
      At work i am busy with the law and now on my free time too lol

Ogame is game so i hope we can apply this rules taking account of dysfunction of lobby system.

Or See you to the piloris :D
      " We define music as way of life "

[ DJ Hero]

The post was edited 1 time, last by TMO ().

• New

@TMO

The account trades situation will hopefully soon to be resolved soon.

I, myself, am not on a war path to ban players for violating this rule, but I wanted to make it clear that by a technical perspective, it is currently against the rules now.

As far as your choice to violate the rule, it certainly is. It's also your choice to do other rule violations if that's what you want, but again, if you do, you will be held accountable for those actions.

So, if you were a player that was using these items to bring unfair advantage to your account (or another account) we have a problem and you will be held responsible.

If you are caught up in the bug and are not doing anything wrong, then there will be understanding, compromise, and a dedication to work toward a resolution.

All of these issues with the lobby can, should, and typically are handled case by case, situation by situation as GF moves toward resolution.
    • New

Gabby wrote:

Silverwind

Gabby

I talked with our CoMa and we won't ban if you choose to give away your lobby account or share it with someone else because the account trading feature is not available yet, but if something happens to your account or you get it stolen then we won't provide support to resolve the issue. So we are not recommending doing it :)
      GA - OGame.us
      TM - OGame.dk

Contact the staff here
    • New

Azelkor wrote:

Is there really no way to change e-mails for a specific account? I did not know this. That’s concerning, especially if something were to happen to your e-mail account...

Game accounts are now connected to a lobby, and when you change your lobby account e-mail then all the game accounts in that lobby will get the same e-mail too :)
      GA - OGame.us
      TM - OGame.dk

Contact the staff here
    • New

ErikFyr wrote:

Gabby wrote:

Silverwind

Gabby
      I talked with our CoMa and we won't ban if you choose to give away your lobby account or share it with someone else because the account trading feature is not available yet, but if something happens to your account or you get it stolen then we won't provide support to resolve the issue. So we are not recommending doing it :)
      I'm going to take what Erik said and clarify one point. It's not that we "won't" provide support if something happens to your account because you've shared login information, but that we CAN'T. If your bff decides he hates you now and deletes all of your planets and moons, we can't do anything to help you. If he gets into your account and does stupid stuff that breaks rules that results in YOUR account getting a ban, we also can't help you.

Please think about these things before you take that step. We are not at all able to help you if something goes horribly wrong after you've done this.

~Thank you for the beautiful sig, DISASTER~