Grimnir removal

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would also like to point out a few other things.
      You want to know where the most active servers on they are on the Polish, Germany, Turkey, France and UK servers.
      Each one of these for the new uni that started 37 days ago are active, The lowest being UK at around 100 online. The highest are the rest being around 200 to 300 ONLINE.
      We have not seen online above 50 in a long time. Uni 1 has not had more than a dozen players online.
      Does you data tell you what the peaks are for the servers.
      Like the most ever online?
      Universe 1

Playing since April 2006
    • @Silverwind The point I think he's trying to make is that the community is pretty dead, so dead the COMA didn't even bother logging into the .us board on Friday, just a week after a serious incident. Last activity for @Grimnir is Thursday afternoon. Also, @Icegirl not logging in during the last week makes it look as if she never even bothered to look into the whole matter here. The fact that it was the coma this time that locked the incident thread isn't exactly putting him in a good light either, regardless of whether the discussion was running in circles. For example, I would be interested in hearing an official response as to how GF wants to fulfill its obligations according to GDPR, or how/why they think they're so special the law does not apply to them.
    • i assume you mean time zones with normal sleeping patterns. ive always thought it was odd when someone from another country would act like they have an advantage because their day is my night... um that means my day is your night so prepare for return love brothers and sisters.

.us has always been a smaller community than .org as far back as i can recall. yes ALL communitys are shrinking but imo it has nothing to do with coma or staff. it has to do with an aging game, changes to said game, and gaming trends. compare ogame to a top game on a ps4 and its not even the same sport. thats not to say ogame is dead, just challenged with bringing people in who have other platforms to play.

i do think the board adds to the game, hence why im here. but it takes a combined effort from staff and players to make the board great. ive been through several comas, all very different. i prefer limited interaction as it allows the admins to govern a bit more freely which makes a community unique. some dont like that. so its a thin line to balance on. grim is around, he is a major player in resolving these issues. legal issues are slow moving and will im sure very complicated in this matter. saying nothing or very little is better than saying the wrong thing and making it worse.

the cold hard parrot truth..
    • @deadparrot hiding a public email for a public GF official... really? A bit over the line.

I really like you dp but thats just a bad idea.

I just looked at a subscription service that I have that contains Email and Phone numbers for 437 gameforge individuals. (Includes a bunch of game domains too) I could easily just post that on some other website and sit back/enjoy the lolz at everyone spamming for...

1) Merges,
      2) Removal of staff
      3) New features
      4) cookies

Back when we were fighting for a merge and NardNjub got his perma ban I published personal phone numbers for GF executives who barley knew what ogame was. Interesting people calling them at all hours of the morning.. hehehe.

P.S. in the end even weeks of calling a few high ranking guys they showed their true colors and still did absolutely nothing. Long story short, you guys are dull if you think GF will listen to anything you say. Even waking up senior GF employees at 3AM and bitching about the game did nothing (well one changed his number hehe)
    • @deadparrot
      The Community Manager and Team Manager aren't responsible for governing...this company as a whole has the entire hierarchy so screwed up.. I get needing people to be responsible..but this community needs people who work to promote it's growth.
      The best community design has the Product/Community Manager who is active in the growth...yes Admins answer to him but they have their own job. I detest the leadership style here. You've got people like Silverwind, Erik, Malachae (when he was here), and Rav3n among others who put their heart and soul into keeping this dying community alive...then you have the leaders who are NOT present, inaccessible...that's a horrible design.

maybe it's because this is the American forum and German isn't fond of America...(never really was...lol)..or maybe it's because the Coma's attitude is that community interaction is below him...I don't know..but it needs fixed.

Former GO -Pegasus; Oberon
      Links: IRC~!~Support~!~Game~!~Rules
    • guys i served almost a 5 month ban for posting that exact email address. you should be thanking me. not saying its right or wrong, but i took that bullet. no one was warned or banned nor did i even consider doing so. again, im not saying he did anything wrong. i just know where that road leads.

• fawkes, its unfortunate to hear you detest me and the leadership here. i dont even know you and you seem to know me so not sure what i missed over the years ive been around. maybe you were here before me.

all i can say is im the same today as i was day one. only thing that has changed for me is who is on the team with me.

i take this board as serious as anyone here. my post count, years of being in team, and roles ive held speak for itself. i cant make players be reasonable and i cant make rules designed by GF make sense any more than the next person. i could ignore rules and be like other communities, but looking the other way is not who ive even been.

• deadparrot wrote:

fawkes, its unfortunate to hear you detest me and the leadership here. i dont even know you and you seem to know me so not sure what i missed over the years ive been around. maybe you were here before me.

all i can say is im the same today as i was day one. only thing that has changed for me is who is on the team with me.

i take this board as serious as anyone here. my post count, years of being in team, and roles ive held speak for itself. i cant make players be reasonable and i cant make rules designed by GF make sense any more than the next person. i could ignore rules and be like other communities, but looking the other way is not who ive even been.
      I don't view BA/GA as 'leadership' you are volunteers that do all the work while the leadership (being GF's COMA/TM) don't do jack around here...
      I guess that my words are being misuderstood here. I don't like how GF is running things.

What I don't like on you is your saying that all the COMA/TM are for is governing...that shouldn't be their primary or only job. Game communities built like that WILL FAIL.
      The top line leaders in a community MUST be involved. Otherwise, much like government leaders, they have lost all sense of what the common man is dealing with or even wanting.

PS...you may want to work on your capitalization and some of your punctuation. :P

• deadparrot wrote:

quick responses on phone from work. so sentence structure, grammer, and captials dont really happen :P
      B.S.
      I’m at work. It’s the end of my 12 hour night shift and I still put effort into my sentence structure, grammar, and all.

As a board admin, should be something you are over-critical of..
      Then again, gamers never were caring for grammar and such.

• It's both. But Grim is German, and it's been obvious that based on both his actions and the word of certain unnamed members that he is very arrogant and that this community is obliviously beneath him. BUT looking at all of the GF games..the .us network is always trash and neglected while every other community is not. Therefore the evidence for that theory seems very clear to me.

But lets take it out of GF and look overall...most of Europe cannot stand the US...That's because they are globalists who want 1 world order, and the USA doesn't want that.