Change the feature of Uni1 (poll request)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think it really sucks the choice for the poll are misrepresenting the Uni 1 community!

First, here's the thread we're talking about it in....whose linked the poll itself to the discussion? No one, and so maybe someone who wants to weigh in doesn't even see it, or worse still, someone sees it but not this discussion.

Wow folks, that's voting in a misinformed manner, very dangerous. The only analogy I have is like you walk into a room and they stick you in a ballot box and the lever says "A" or "B" : now pick one. No, we're not gonna tell you what this is about, just pick one.

Holy crap!

Choices:
      "x2 speed
      x3 speed
      x4 speed"

Wait a minute...what about a chance for the players who want to stay with x1 economy? They don't get a chance to voice that choice?

The poll took away those players rights without consent?

And this will be presented to the COMA as "the will of the players of Uni 1" ?

I'm sorry, all persons in that Uni are entitled to a fair say so in the future of their accounts. Giving some of them a "no choice" is very unethical. They have played hard and in many cases spent money on DM just like everyone else.

I think this poll need to be shut down ASAP and reformulated to be fair for the interests of all players.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Silverwind ().

• Silverwind wrote:

Wait a minute...what about a chance for the players who want to stay with x1 economy? They don't get a chance to voice that choice?

That was my thought too. But then, I thought "Oh, par for the course. Like every other decision I have seen."

I still think there was a huge injustice done in the last merge. I would vote for any option that included knerfing the accounts brought in with that decision. But that would require skill at programming, or an effort to please customers. After the Goblin Keeper debacle, I realized that I would never see that...

I ended voting for the x4 speed. Hopefully that will screw things up so bad I will quit just like everyone else has been doing.
    • tabini wrote:

I ended voting for the x4 speed. Hopefully that will screw things up so bad I will quit just like everyone else has been doing.
      And this is why it's important to me as a member of this community to step up and say "wait a minute!"

Players and staff complain constantly of slow Unis and people who quit, and here is a reason why it's happening: disrespect and dismissal of players opinions and ambitions.

I wonder how many other players who felt like Tabini haven't bothered to speak and will just quit?

I understand we can't please everyone, but to me it's important to try to respect everyone.

If the community at large can't do that, then the Unis will continue to shrink.
    • Waking up the wrong side of the bed ?

I think we treated with great respect , so agreed on 1X flight speed. Besides we explained why to boost Eco system along with deut consumption.

What is the point of 1X Eco ? If millions of players benefit of higher Eco ...

As for poll. I've asked to add deut consumption too. Waiting for a reply.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wild Card Henry ().

• This is ridiculous. Gameforge ought to have one retro-style 1x universe for every national server. They owe it to the people who have stuck around for more than a decade. If people insist on playing Ogame-light, Gameforge should offer server transfers for accounts.
      US Universe 1
      Alliance: Avengers
      Played off-and-on since 2005
    • Wild Card Henry wrote:

I think we treated with great respect , so agreed on 1X flight speed. Besides we explained why to boost Eco system along with deut consumption.
      I think you in particular have been respectful, yes, and so have others wanting a econ change in this thread. I also agree with you about the economy speed.

My problem here is some people don't agree with you, and they have been given no choice, and that isn't ethical.

Put the shoe on the other foot Henry:

What if I said "ok guys, we need fleet speed improvement and five us want it. Here's the poll: x6 fleet, x7 fleet, or x10 fleet. Now pick."

You'd say "wait a second, I don't want this to be changed to a super speed uni!"

But you don't have a vote, only those five interested in super speed have a vote....so you, who have played for several years and been a respectable and good member of the community suddenly wouldn't matter....?

That's my issue, not really the speed of econ or fleets, or anything else.

Just the idea that a segment of the Uni wants change, but somehow another segment has no voice...and the total insult is this poll is supposed to eventually go to a COMA as "evidence" that this is the will of the players.

I'm sorry, that's broken.
    • Wild Card Henry wrote:

I think we treated with great respect
      Merging speed universes with Universe 1 is respectful? Frankly you don't know what you are talking about.

IIRC before the merge I was within a year or 2 of cracking the top 10. I don't remember what my place was, but I was moving up at a good pace, top 30 maybe. It would have been difficult to get to further as the top players were very large, but they deserved it. They worked hard, for a long time.

Then bam, I get shoved back past the top 100...like 120! The top 3 and everyone else see their accounts get dwarfed.

I don't know what you consider respectful, but that is not what I consider respectful.
    • I have a crazy idea. What if GF creates a classic server with the early version of the game? Jagex did it with Runescape, and Blizzard is going to do it with World of Warcraft. Both of those have been met with great reception (in fact, Jagex’s retro server has a higher population than the modern game-go figure).

That way, we can avoid these quarrels. People who want them can have their speed universes, and we traditionalists can party like it 2004. Everybody wins. :thumbup:
      US Universe 1
      Alliance: Avengers
      Played off-and-on since 2005
    • Wild Card Henry wrote:

Obviously you don't still get what we discuss here.
      I do. I am just choosing to air out a previous disagreement, because it is relevant. I am sorry you are not understanding that...I am sorry you feel your voice is the only one that matters. My opinion is that increasing the eco will not remedy the underlying issues.

The reason some people are having an issue with this universe is that unbalancing accounts were added, and much of the lower ranks have left. I almost did to. My progress at the last merge was so far diminished, it was laughable. And so the people that quit has affected raiding for fleeters, because you have less to raid. It certainly won't attract new players that need to start from scratch, and will never catch up (without a sponsor). Those 2 issues are the primary issues in uni 1, IMO. The first should have never been allowed, and the second has easy solutions.

Now, some of you think that adding eco x4 will resolve these underlying issues, or somehow hedge against another merge. However, I don't see it, and I see no solid reasoned arguments of how it could. And frankly, just adding an eco boost for the hell of it will probably make things worse.

Even the poll was a mistake. There is no "Don't change anything" option. But hey, like I said, I voted for 4x, even tho I am pretty convinced it won't do what you think it will do. Why not, its always fun to throw in a grenade just to see what happens when you don't care overly much.
    • tabini wrote:

Hopefully that will screw things up so bad I will quit just like everyone else has been doing.
      If you feel like this, then why continue playing at all? I know I will come back to Uni1 if a change was made to eco speed. 2x I think is good enough i.e. Uni1.org. Else anything more will be weird.

tabini wrote:

Then bam, I get shoved back past the top 100...like 120!
      How old was the uni? What was the speed? How long was the server up for? If it was speed uni and as old as Io, Barym or even Pegasus, there had to have been time to develop your account well enough. If it was 1x, well what did you expect? You chose 1x again and landed in there where all the top accounts have been there for ages. And if there is a chance to help eco your account, why not take that? If you don't agree, please give us reasons.

tabini wrote:

It certainly won't attract new players that need to start from scratch, and will never catch up (without a sponsor)
      @Kar Vastor, @99thIdiot, @Cuzzer. and the many top players of Uni1, would you guys not help new players if they asked for help? If yes, then indeed it is an easy solution. Never be afraid to ask for resources, especially if you are new. Sometimes I even reach out to new players myself, asking if they need help. That mentality I use in real life as I am a statistics tutor and when I see a student struggling, I help regardless.

tabini wrote:

And frankly, just adding an eco boost for the hell of it will probably make things worse
      How?

tabini wrote:

My opinion is that increasing the eco will not remedy the underlying issues.
      How?

tabini wrote:

unbalancing accounts were added
      Sure but what merge is perfect? Id like to know which one that was and how long it lasted being perfect before the masses complained.

tabini wrote:

Now, some of you think that adding eco x4 will resolve these underlying issues, or somehow hedge against another merge. However, I don't see it, and I see no solid reasoned arguments of how it could. And frankly, just adding an eco boost for the hell of it will probably make things worse.
      Again, you have not given any reasons why NOT to do it when the other side HAVE named reasons. Id like to read a more detailed list of reasons why you think it would be bad AS A WHOLE and not for the indvidual person. Placement on the ranking board is not really an issue. For your pride and hopes and dreams of being the top ranked player, of course. But a game issue, not really.
    • SunWarriorKing wrote:

If you feel like this, then why continue playing at all? ....
      Because I am playing an account i started in 2012, IIRC. Single owner. From scratch. I think it was Hydra that I started in, which was also a 1x Uni before being merged into uni #1 on 1/7/14. Maybe someone can corroborate the universe. It was s108-us.ogame.gameforge.com/. When I landed in uni #1, I was way down in the 200's, and got up to the top 50's, IIRC.
      That merge is NOT what I am talking about. I am talking about the drop in score from when they merged the speed Universes.

And I keep holding out hope that GF will pull their heads out of their behinds, while I play in minimum time mode.

SunWarriorKing wrote:

@Kar Vastor, @99thIdiot, @Cuzzer. and the many top players of Uni1, would you guys not help new players if they asked for help?
      I wasn't suggesting that as a solution. It should be built into the system.

How #1 - While the increased eco benefits everyone, it does nothing to fix the issues present. And by virtue of that, the benefits to the #75 player just means he is a bigger target unless he logs on and saves way more frequently. This means it is of more benefit to the large fleeters that can smash him while he is away, and grab his 4x rez and make him a farm. Fleeters will concentrate on smaller accounts instead of actually fighting, cause for a while it will be more profitable. Then #75 player quits, as he signed up for a slower uni. However, before that happens, the big fleeter accounts become even bigger and perpetuate the mass exodus. Finally, all the targets that normally would have stuck around, quit after repeatedly getting smashed, and then fleeters whine even more than now.

How #2 - I am not sure I even need to defend my statement. You people are the ones that think x4 eco is a cure all. Anyway, just by answering #1, I explain #2.

SunWarriorKing wrote:

Sure but what merge is perfect?
      My merge into Universe #1 in 2014 was fine. It was an adjustment to go from never being attacked with a huge account, to a possible target, but the top 10 in Universe #1 was not unreachable. The merging accounts should not be larger than the universe it is merging into. That is just stupid disrespectful.

SunWarriorKing wrote:

Id like to read a more detailed list of reasons why you think it would be bad AS A WHOLE
      I am not going to dwell on what I consider a bad idea.

Pre-speed universe merge, the issue was the influx of new players was next to nothing. Well, other than people trying to multi account.

At that time you could have started new players higher up instead of at square one. Lets be real here. A new player is still going to take years to develop. Why would you do that? It is the best way to kill universes, so I guess that is why GF continues to do it.

Give new players a home planet with decent fields (200, cause its your Freaking HW), higher mine levels and a decent astrophysics from the get go after the #1 player reaches a specific score, or just do it from the get go. Then base what they get off some formula of the top 10 average score. Which, you really can't do now, cause that has been skewed to hell from the last merge. I have been in Universe #1 for 4 years, and the last merge made it impossible for me to catch up. The disparity of the top 50 players is to great.

Now, GF could fix their merge FU by giving all the pre-speed universe merged accounts something like 4 levels in metal, crystal, and deuterium mines, on every planet. Maybe an Astrophysics level or 2, just for kicks. That would level the playing field with the speed uni accounts. Then you initiate the new player acceleration benefits. And I am thinking the universe would be active again. Might even recover some inactives. Even if they don't, having new players step in at a point that would normally take 2-4 years to get too would make Universe #1 attractive to newbs.
    • @Kar Vastor, @99thIdiot, @Cuzzer. and the many top players of Uni1, would you guys not help new players if they asked for help? If yes, then indeed it is an easy solution. Never be afraid to ask for resources, especially if you are new. Sometimes I even reach out to new players myself, asking if they need help. That mentality I use in real life as I am a statistics tutor and when I see a student struggling, I help regardless.

SWK i have done and helped many smaller players with tips and help and still will do. i speak to many and not attacked them,,, even now many siple hits i will pass up on

at the end of the day all valid points for and against,, but at the end of the day a boost is needed incase we merge again,,, i have been here since day 1 so know all too well what happed when chaos got merged with uu was unfair but at end of day if your commited then you will survive, a lot change in the 1o + years since this uni started so lets enbrace a small change and help us all :thumbup:

coz come next merge if it happens we all maybe just fodder again for speed unis,,,
    • tabini wrote:

I keep holding out hope that GF will pull their heads out of their behinds
      The way GF has been applying new servers as of lately, there is no hope of anything changing. I mean, you see how Wreck Fields were introduced. However, I do enjoy having to get back what I lost because someone in my family had a medical emergency. Life smacks you sometimes but that does not mean you should suffer for it. Point overall: GF has made a change to eco in UNI1.org, they can do the same for UNI1.us.

tabini wrote:

#75 player just means he is a bigger target unless he logs on and saves way more frequently
      There are many who find the eco change much more savory which are those who mine. Anyone who fleets, well they get nothing out of it. Sure, you have more ships but the speed is the same. Turtles can STILL grow larger. More ships to collect and save. If you play the game right, you can still avoid these players. I mean, that rank 75 should know what he is doing anyways if he got to that state.

tabini wrote:

other than people trying to multi account
      Leo was a terrible idea. Idk why those guys got roped in but really, it looks like a small handful survived.

tabini wrote:

Give new players a home planet with decent fields (200, cause its your Freaking HW)
      Now there I disagree with. How often would a new player reach 200 in the beginning stages of the game? If they are informed of where to place colonies, they can easily find larger planet sizes. So giving them a home planet with 200 fields is pointless. They are going to find a better one when they colonize.

tabini wrote:

Now, GF could fix their merge FU by giving all the pre-speed universe merged accounts something like 4 levels in metal, crystal, and deuterium mines, on every planet. Maybe an Astrophysics level or 2, just for kicks. That would level the playing field with the speed uni accounts. Then you initiate the new player acceleration benefits. And I am thinking the universe would be active again. Might even recover some inactives. Even if they don't, having new players step in at a point that would normally take 2-4 years to get too would make Universe #1 attractive to newbs.
      The day GF decides to do that will be the day I drop 1000 dollars on a server. Considering how you have to be out of vmode to receive those benefits, only a small portion would receive them. Why? If they are inactive 24 days, they are not coming back period. Only in rare cases would someone come back unless they are active on the board but not the game.

Cuzzer. wrote:

SWK i have done and helped many smaller players with tips and help and still will do. i speak to many and not attacked them,,, even now many siple hits i will pass up on
      I know Cuzzer. I miswrote that. I meant to say that "wouldn't you guys help out new players if they asked?" Just an English error on my part.