Change the feature of Uni1 (poll request)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Change the feature of Uni1 (poll request)

Since we don't think merge happens any time soon. To my knowledge ; I believe that a certain amount of players in Uni1 might like to increase it in economy and fleet speed along with deut consumption like 0.5 .

Frankly, It doesn't take a scientist to understand that it would benefit everyone in Uni1 to increase 4X Eco and 2X fleet speed and brings to life.

Can we have a poll organized for this suggestion ?

Of course, feel free to come up with a better one if you have. (back me up gentlemen and ladies)

Regards
      Inprotest
    • They have specific servers that play like that. I do not agree with anything you suggest, it is senseless and baseless. Server merges would be fine as i am sure there are the same issues elsewhere. Ive been through 2 merges since andromeda starting back in early 2000's.
      Ib'tur jatne tuur ashad kyr amour.
    • As an outsider to Uni1, if I were in a 1x speed uni I'd oppose a speedup on the grounds that it would diminish the reached ranks of long time inhabitants of the uni,

and would make it possible for newcomers to reach what the veterans of Uni1 reached with a fragment of the time and effort the pre-speedup players had to sacrifice.
    • I'm against an idea for a poll to determine this.

I'd prefer to see a situation where Uni 1 gets to be dissolved in the next merge and be an Exodus Universe.

Give the players two choices: to target into Cygnus (x1/x1 Uni) or Eridanus (x2/x4).

This allows the continuation of a x1 Uni for those who enjoy that speed, it cleans up all the inactive accoutns that have been rotting here for literally years, and adds more 1x1 players together.

Those wanting greater speeds and challenges can go to Eridanus where they can enjoy some more speed, be of competitive size in relation to the age of Eridanus. You'd have to get used to the higher economy, but that's not such a bad thing.

OFC I'm just your lowly GO, and have no say-so in the matter, that's all decided by Game Forge, but it's what I think would be best to keep the most people happy.
    • Blood Dancer wrote:

it would diminish the reached ranks of long time inhabitants

It's awesome that someone cares about the effect on ranks, but that beautiful sentiment was trampled into the mud during the previous merge. Nine of the top ten accounts in U1 came from speed (or chaos) unis (way to go Kar!)
      Nothing is ever foolproof because fools are so ingenious!

• i do have an acct in uni 1 but as everyone knows im more of a speed uni player. to me what makes u1 unique is that it is the land of 1x where it has always been 1x and is a perm uni that others merg into. unlike new 1x unis where at some point you will be forced to merge, u1 provides you the option for the extra long game where nothing will ever change besides new people merging from other unis.

i understand the rank issue. a high speed uni top accts being merged into uni1 can clearly shake up the ranks. not sure how you avoid that without limiting merge options for all players.

as for me personally. id play my u1 acct a lot more if progress was a little quicker. a bump in econ would help. but then that acct will be closer to other unis I play so why would i want two with close settings? im not a long time u1 resident so im not sure i would vote either way.

guess the real question is, will GF allow a change even if one is found?

the cold hard parrot truth..
    • 99thIdiot wrote:

Blood Dancer wrote:

it would diminish the reached ranks of long time inhabitants
      It's awesome that someone cares about the effect on ranks, but that beautiful sentiment was trampled into the mud during the previous merge. Nine of the top ten accounts in U1 came from speed (or chaos) unis (way to go Kar!)
      Thanks for the shout out. I didn't even know I was the highest 1x forever account.

I think the only thing you'll get a high enough percentage on is reducing the deut consumption. You might get enough for increased economy.

I think what we all really want is a merge
    • now this sounds good , i am against changing the fleet speed but upgrade of eco and deut consumption would be good all round for the uni... and would be a good boost for future merge if again with speed unis
      i have been here since day one of uni and after playing many other including speed ones this would be a welome boost to all :thumbsup:

if its happened else where then lets have some too :thumbup: :nicethread:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cuzzer. ().

• ok definately don't want to play a speed uni, x1 speed is what I would choose all the time, having said that I think we should poll for either x3 eco or x4 eco, the 0.5 deut decrease only helps fleeters whereas Eco helps fleeters and miners so is a fair option, with an established universe everything now takes absolutely ages to save up the resources for, this would speed up the process plus it would benefit the players who actually play and not the v-mode warriors.
    • Hi Guys, this thread seems pretty disjointed, I think you need to ask for one thing at a time as we have already had the polls (which are delivered in-game) in both Rigel and Virgo, I guess Pink is reading this and wondering what to do for the poll, can I suggest we simplify it and just ask for a 4x Economy poll.