[TOT: 419.279.500] HelplessBunny [Dynamic] vs. d36 [P L] (A: 0, D: 419.279.500)

• Advanced 20 %

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [TOT: 419.279.500] HelplessBunny [Dynamic] vs. d36 [P L] (A: 0, D: 419.279.500)

Several people who are playing U1 have read the triumphant PL posts in the small crash section and been confused. They asked me questions like:
      A) "what is the diabolical new strategy they devised to thwart your rip attacks?"
      B) "why do their points keep dropping in huge chunks but my damage done score only increasing a little?"
      C) "where did they get the resources for all those IPM's?"

. . . cue Paul Harvey . . .

So now it's time to tell the "rest of the story". It starts with the crash posted below. I had no special motivation - basically my playstyle amounts to bashing turtles for minor profit. Admittedly not a very skilled approach, but its a reliable income and generates doot for trade to my friends, and we learn about other players. d36 is very active, and i had trouble identifying a long enough window for rip attack from 12 systems away. In hopes of padding the window, I parked my mobile out in his G9 system and waited for the weekend. I deleted it Friday night during his fleet save, and launched when all his moons turned to timers. Don't know if the deleted mobile factored into his decisions, but he did sleep late and my attack landed with plenty of time to spare.

And then it got interesting. Was tough to understand those d36 messages (pa-pa this and pa-pa that, whatever that means). So I just replied that since he and Fzk were depleting the inactives so heavily, i had nothing left to do except farm honor points. Their reactions are well documented here and here.

So i felt obligated to launch follow-up rip attacks. Fzk and d36 responded with thousands of IPMs on most of my G1 planets and moons (about half of them killed defence, with the rest lost to ABM or wasted cuz def already cleared). Fzk also took the time to crash the sats. Just before the rips arrived, they unveiled the answer to the questions above: they scrapped all defence and stopped mine production. Darn! I was foiled. Letting the rips hit would only crash sats, scoring me no honor points or damage done, so i just recalled in frustation.

And we continued the dance. I sent multiple rip attacks at d36 and Fzk, they waited until just before they arrived to scrap their defences. Even with my 1376 rips, it took a whole week to work through each planet and moon on their accounts. Most of the time the attacks were spread out during their nighttime, and the amount of sleep they sacrificed is a great tribute to their passion for the game.

Eventually all my chances were exhausted. My only subsequent hits were some minor bashes on some residual Fzk defence. In the end, i scored a measly 29k honor points. My damage done increased by only 327k points, which is a slow week for me and was mostly just the ABM. My ABM cost and defence lost set me back a staggering 265k military points - not to mention all the fuel spent launching so many attacks.

So congratulations to Fzk and d36 - I concede. I've known some really excellent Polish players, but none had ever devised such a brilliant strategy. Toadie must be proud.

On 25-11-2017 01:58:54, the following fleets met in battle:

Attacker HelplessBunny [Dynamic]

Deathstar 1.376

Defender d36 [P L]

Small Cargo 1.291
      Large Cargo 684
      Recycler 1
      Espionage Probe 2
      Solar Satellite 787
      Rocket Launcher 83.000
      Light Laser 64.000
      Heavy Laser 600
      Gauss Cannon 600
      Ion Cannon 600
      Plasma Turret 600
      Small Shield Dome 1
      Large Shield Dome 1

After the battle ...

Attacker HelplessBunny [Dynamic]

Deathstar 1.376 ( -0 )

Defender d36 [P L]

Destroyed!

The attacker has won the battle!
      The attacker captured:
      863.968 Metal, 262.140 Crystal and 194.230 Deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 0 units.
      The defender lost a total of 419.279.500 units.
      At these space coordinates now float 2.008.800 metal and 2.480.400 crystal.
      The attacker captured a total of 1.320.338 units.

The chance for a moon to be created from the debris was 20%.

Debris harvested by the attacker(s):
      2.008.800 Metal and 2.483.100 Crystal

Summary of profit/losses:

The attacker(s) made a profit of 5.812.238 units.
      The attacker(s) won a total of 17.888 honour points.

The defender(s) lost a total of 420.599.838 units.
      The defender(s) won a total of 0 honour points.