Ogame.us Board Rules
By registration each user agrees with the following board rules.
- Users may register one account only. Multiple registrations and usage of several accounts may lead to a banning of all accounts. In cases where two or more users are either usually, sometimes or on occasion sharing an IP address and have accounts on the board, board staff MUST be informed. Failure to do so may result in a permanent ban. Report any instances of IP sharing to the BA or a Smod.
- The Ogame.us Board Team holds up the right to warn, censor and/or ban users if they do not follow the rules. In extreme cases, which is decided case by case, users might be banned ingame and from IRC as well, and vice versa. The rules do apply for board-posts and personal messages (PMs). The whole board is included in the Terms and Conditions of Ogame. Therefore German laws apply on the entire board. It also means that the Ogame.us owners are not responsible for any posted pictures or links which are copyrighted.
- The language on Ogame.us is English. No other language is to be used anywhere on the boards This includes signatures, avatars, and any posted pictures.
To help guarantee a relaxed atmosphere between all participants on the board, some posting restrictions are needed.
- Posting contents and links of pornographic, politically extreme, moralistic dangerous and offending pictures which may breach applicable law nature is forbidden. This includes keys, hacks, cracks or other things of illegal nature, including illegal download pages and "warez". Discussion of such items will lead to an immediate warning.
- Posting any personal messages or discussions, without the consent of all involved parties is forbidden. This applies to all Ogame or non-Ogame systems of communication such as, but not limited to, private messages, MSN or IRC.
- Contents not belonging to the board / topic posted in, so called Spam/Offtopic as well as posting less than 3 words may lead to a warning. This includes Backseat Modding and Post hunting. Backseat Modding is when a user posts like a mod, e.g. saying (when not being the thread starter) as the only sentence or uses a mod smiley such as
- Post hunting is when a user posts with the only intention to get a higher post count. and is not allowed. Board staff may bump topic/post closed smileys only if it is in course of their job. Bumping(posting in old threads with the sole intention to push the thread onto the first page of the board) old threads is also not allowed.
- Picture and smiley spam, such as when a user posts a lot of pictures or smilies, is not allowed. Please use no more than 5 smilies per post.
- Contents, links, usernames etc. with the only aim to flame and insult other participants of the community is not allowed. The same holds for trolling (posts solely intended to annoy other people or incite anger.)
- Posts with inappropriate language and cursing are not allowed. Using '1337' or other methods to avoid the forum censor will result in a warning.
- Contents which advertise or link to browsergames not owned by GameForge are not allowed. This includes thief links from other GameForge games.
- Posting for banned users is not allowed.
- Impersonation of staff members is forbidden. This includes names, avatars, signatures and anything else that might make other users believe you are part of the Ogame.us staff.
- Misuse of the report button is not permitted. This means do not report a post unless there is an obvious break of the board rules.
- Discussion and requests concerning banned users ingame, on the board, and on IRC is not allowed in the forum. Please get in contact with the person who banned you via PM, IRC query, or ticket system. Bans will absolutely NOT be discussed in public, and any discussions started will be closed and the poster warned.
- Discussion or insinuations of cheating is not allowed on the forum. Any posts that contain accusations or insinuations will be moved or censored and the poster warned.
- Signature pictures may not exceed the following measurements:
Height: 100 px
Width: 500 px
- File size is to be no more than 50 kb.
- Anything that is used as an exploit to circumvent the rules, means posting at the end of the post siglike pictures and anything else that makes the sig appear larger, is not allowed.
- Staff members may be permitted to have larger signatures at the discretion of the administration.
Board staff and user responsibilities
Each board participant has to obey to the rules. If you feel though to be warned unfairly, first contact the moderator who warned you. Do NOT post complaints on the boards or you will be given a warning. If you are not satisfied with the Mod's reply, contact the super-moderator who is his/her team leader. After that, you may contact a board administrator. The board administrators word is final in such cases.
The same holds if your topic gets closed. Please do not open several threads on the same topic and please use the
Several warnings may lead to a temporary or permanent ban from the board. Each case is looked at individually. Registering a second account after a time ban from the board leads to a permanent ban. In extreme cases a user can be banned without having any warnings.
- Board administrators and super-moderators (in emergencies) have rights to ban accounts, edit sigs and edit profiles.
- Complaints about Super Moderators go to a board administrator.
- Complaints about a Board Administrator go to another Board Administrator or the Community Manager (CoMa)
The Board Rules may change at any time. It is the user's responsibilty to make sure that they are aware of the current Board Rules.
The post was edited 3 times, last by BUGG ().