You are not logged in.

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 5:15pm

this may keep those players around for a month or two longer but eventually they will get crashed, whine and quit.

But by that point, they'll have refreshed a month or two's worth of additional banner ads, and maybe even purchased some Dark Matter.

Nobody can argue that GameForge shouldn't try to maximize their revenue on the games they host, and they have every right to spurn long-time players in favor of trying to keep around a few extra bleating lambs with disposable income. If the top line is all they care about (and there's no reason to think it isn't, nor am I condemning them for it), this is the right move.

I look at it as a blessing in disguise; think of all the free time I'll have and all the extra sleep I'll get without OGame!

[WAR]

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 6:07pm

I like the Newb Protection, because it will protect members for a little bit, and give them a chance to learn to FLEETSAVE.
I have ran a wing alliance and dealt with new players (nubs) all the time, and I believe some of these new features will help them out ALOT, ie Hideouts

Although some of the "FEATURES" that are being implemented now seem useful, I do have to say, its about time :D ie. Q. to delete buddy, cancel relocation, thousand comma seperator, and deut being in COMBAT REPORT

Need to do some more research on the Outlaw thing :blink: and a couple more, but I like where GF is going.

Now all you haters, TROLL up my comments..

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 6:15pm

I like the Newb Protection, because it will protect members for a little bit, and give them a chance to learn to FLEETSAVE.
I have ran a wing alliance and dealt with new players (nubs) all the time, and I believe some of these new features will help them out ALOT, ie Hideouts

Nobody worth their salt had any issues with increasing the maximum points for noob protection, or with hideouts (which have been shown to be a completely worthless investment). The primary issues that people found with the new changes were the "fleet escape" function, and the related fleet ratio that triggers it. This actively rewards players who are lazy, and actively punishes players who are diligent.

Quoted

Although some of the "FEATURES" that are being implemented now seem useful, I do have to say, its about time :D ie. Q. to delete buddy, cancel relocation, thousand comma seperator, and deut being in COMBAT REPORT

All of these are cosmetic changes that don't affect the underlying structure of the game.

Quoted

Now all you haters, TROLL up my comments..

[WAR]

Borg.

Mechanical Drone

• "Borg." started this thread

Location: I'm soo old that back in the old days...I used to run with the dinosaurs! :P

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 6:57pm

There will be players leaving the game with or without NP. ^^

The remaining players will adjust to NP.... I already have adjusted on "players test server". No big thing.

What most players are looking forward to is the coming merge. :)
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions - comments - complaints Message me --> Borg

Quick Link to: Open a ticket - Quick Link to: Board Rules -
Quick Link to: Bugs & Complaints - Quick Link to: Help & Questions
˙zǝıʞooɔ zɐɥ ǝʍ 'ǝpıs ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ uıoɾ

Saint

Trainee

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 10:07pm

Newb Protection 50k points, I can agree with, Bug fixes, Great. Everything else? Ughh Not interested, Ogame is and has always been about profit this whole honor points system is ridiculous imo. Players who have alot of points ares killed and know how not to be profitable which makes it difficult to do anything against. And players who are lower rather then just learn to fleetsave which is so easy (dont understand why they cant) I mean seriously? I tried helping out a lowbie player once back in the day, He got crashed and I tried to explain what he was doing wrong and the only thing he could come up with is its not fair he should be hit by someone 100x his size, I tell him to fleetsave correctly and it will never happen but all he did was continue to inssist it wasnt fair and that he shouldnt have to fleetsave. Well I have started a universe from noob pissed off dozens of people been bashed religiously day and night and managed to outgrow the people who were 2-3kk points just by playing smart why the hell else cant everyone else. The rules are the same for everyone just learn to play the game not demand the game conform to you. Piss me the hell off

Team:blue

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 12:39am

Played the .org test server for a while, and my god, was it boring.
Hideouts = pointless.
Fleet escape = Farmville.

Not joining any new Unis.
End of.

Thanks GF!

Io - (#1) Retired

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 12:17pm

Newb Protection 50k points, I can agree with, Bug fixes, Great. Everything else? Ughh Not interested, Ogame is and has always been about profit this whole honor points system is ridiculous imo. Players who have alot of points ares killed and know how not to be profitable which makes it difficult to do anything against. And players who are lower rather then just learn to fleetsave which is so easy (dont understand why they cant) I mean seriously? I tried helping out a lowbie player once back in the day, He got crashed and I tried to explain what he was doing wrong and the only thing he could come up with is its not fair he should be hit by someone 100x his size, I tell him to fleetsave correctly and it will never happen but all he did was continue to inssist it wasnt fair and that he shouldnt have to fleetsave. Well I have started a universe from noob pissed off dozens of people been bashed religiously day and night and managed to outgrow the people who were 2-3kk points just by playing smart why the hell else cant everyone else. The rules are the same for everyone just learn to play the game not demand the game conform to you. Piss me the hell off

+1

true words there ;)

Quoted

<°))))><|

Hypnofish is watching you!

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 7:39pm

Some points that I took from somewhere.

Quoted

Main changes will be that a 10kk points account can't rape a 450k points account as easily as before.

Higher players are always targeting much smaller accounts and this is one of of the reasons ( there are other reasons too ) we are loosing so many players before they reach 100k points. most of them quit right after they get attacked after they emerge out of the newbie protection .
Lets speak the truth , if you just started, you just can't be expected to know how to correctly fleetsave .

Maybe OGame needs to do a better job of instructing new players about fleetsaving before they get out of protection. Cause guess what, even with a bigger noob protection, if they still don't know how to fleetsave, they are just going to get crushed, just a little farther down the road.

That's totally right! I'm not going to discuss the new rules just because I'm lazy and I don't want to think too much. Whether you like it or not we are going to have them anyways.
But what RaiderAdam said will become a fact in a while.
The tutorial that Ogame provide (the one of the 10 task) totally sucks! Maybe Gameforge would have to look at others games (consoles games) and use some ideas. I'm not much of a gamer but, for example, in Gran Turismo you can not drive a Bugatti Veyron at Nurburing if you still don't know how to take a simple curve in a Prius.

P.S: Raider, How are you doing big dog?

Tuesday, December 6th 2011, 7:30am

Looks good mostly. I have not tried the test server (mostly because I can't find it), but I would very much like it if fleet escape was still allowed, even after exiting noob status, but it had to be activated manually (to make fleetsaving not such a major pain). At least the manual fleet escape NEEDS to be invisible to lanx otherwise fleetsave = certain death without moon. I would also like to see if the fleet flies at 50% speed, the 50% be applied to the total fuel cost including holding time for fleet escape missions.

A rather significant bug I have found... if you launch a fleet on a transport mission, it flies 10 sec, you notice that you forgot to load the resources, you recall it, when it comes back all the fuel for the 4 hour trip was burned in 20 sec of flight. And if you do this for a long duration ACS defend, you can burn off 2 days worth of fuel in 20 sec. On the other hand, an ACS attack can be extended out for days, and no additional fuel is required.

p.s. I somehow suspect that all these people flaming the moderators are the that this is going to kill the game are the ones with the big fleets that raid the newbees as soon as they hit 5k points before they have any chance of countering. And if all you top 25 players want to go into permanent vacation mode because you can no longer raid players whos entire accounts are worth less than your best ship, be my guest.

Tuesday, December 6th 2011, 9:27am

Looks good mostly. I have not tried the test server (mostly because I can't find it), but I would very much like it if fleet escape was still allowed, even after exiting noob status, but it had to be activated manually (to make fleetsaving not such a major pain). At least the manual fleet escape NEEDS to be invisible to lanx otherwise fleetsave = certain death without moon. I would also like to see if the fleet flies at 50% speed, the 50% be applied to the total fuel cost including holding time for fleet escape missions.

A rather significant bug I have found... if you launch a fleet on a transport mission, it flies 10 sec, you notice that you forgot to load the resources, you recall it, when it comes back all the fuel for the 4 hour trip was burned in 20 sec of flight. And if you do this for a long duration ACS defend, you can burn off 2 days worth of fuel in 20 sec. On the other hand, an ACS attack can be extended out for days, and no additional fuel is required.

p.s. I somehow suspect that all these people flaming the moderators are the that this is going to kill the game are the ones with the big fleets that raid the newbees as soon as they hit 5k points before they have any chance of countering. And if all you top 25 players want to go into permanent vacation mode because you can no longer raid players whos entire accounts are worth less than your best ship, be my guest.

And you sir, are one of those, that quit after they got crashed once they reached 5k points. Not finding the testserver after it's link has been posted multiple times on the board... alright, no comment here.
Fleetescape to not make fleetsave such a massive pain ? Seriously ? YOU are the problem, not fleetsaving. If you don't want to, don't do it, fine with the rest of us who just kill you then. But don't freakin complain afterwards.

yeah, as if that was new that the deut is gone after you launched, it's not a car, it's a spaceship, your burn the fuel to get speed and "slide" through space, if you want a useless explanation for it. It's not a bug, it's how it is.

And yeah, usually those complaining about it are the guys who raid a lot, since they get castrated over and over again, because people like you whine over and over again, just because YOU are too lazy to fleetsave WE have to take the blame for it. I hate you.

Quoted

<°))))><|

Hypnofish is watching you!

AnomanderRake

Dear Leader

Tuesday, December 6th 2011, 3:28pm

just because YOU are too lazy to fleetsave WE have to take the blame for it. I hate you.

lol, coretex. But I agree with pretty much everything he said. Auto fleetsave = teh suck. Deut burn is not a bug. It's why I let my noob attacks land even after they come online. The fuel is already spent.

Geez, ogame really isn't that hard. Learn how the game is meant to be played instead of asking for coding options that allow you to play crappy. The fact is that many of the whiners simply do not have the time, or are not willing to spend the time, to play the game well. Well, ogame isn't for everyone. We shouldn't be changing it to try and make it so.
"None could guess my confusion, my host of deluded illusions and elusive delusions! A mantle of marble hiding a crumbling core of sandstone. See how they stare at me, wondering, all wondering, at my secret wellspring of wisdom..."

Tuesday, December 6th 2011, 3:40pm

You make baby jesus cry.

Quoted

Not a bug. The way to deal with it is to not make mistakes.

Quoted

That is what you don't understand. It isn't about being able to retaliate. It is about being able to not make it worthwhile to be hit. You really think big fleeters are going to crash your noob planet if all you have sitting there is 10K in crystal and 10 large cargos? If you aren't going to be online, fleetsave your stuff. It is really that simple.
<Andromeda> <WAR>

I'm one of the good guys!

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 7:06pm

with version 3.0 the blue and brown moon pictures will be switched:

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 1:54am

.de just did a bunch of 3.0 implementations, we should expect it soon i guess.
-I pray for your continuing service as a savior

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 6:23pm

This is going to be great. Newbs with 10x the ships they had formerly at coming out of newb protection. Mines at great production rates. Sure they will still quit, log on and shed a tear at the fact that their thousand ships got blown up as they went about their day. Just wait for all those angry messages to the mods, they thought it was bad before.

None of these new protections will save the oblivious new players. The only thing that might help, as stated over and over, is providing a tutorial about fleetsaving. Although, then there are always the lazy and the stupid so even then there will be many fleets to be crashed and farms to be raided. Nothing will really change.

HoFs: 65 +

"Over 48.7% of all statistics are useless."

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 5:15pm

if you guys were smart. you would rebel to have this update implemented here on this server. first off there are to many bugs with it on the .org server and all others cause they rushed to have this update. and the other reason is NO ONE WANTS THIS UPDATE. SOMEONE NEEDS TO CONTACT GF AND TELL THEM ALL THE COMPLAINTS THAT WE HAVE. BUT THEY DONT LISTEN TO US THEY SAY THEY CARE ABOUT THE USER BUT THEY DONT LISTEN TO US. BUSINESS RULE #1 CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Borg.

Mechanical Drone

• "Borg." started this thread

Location: I'm soo old that back in the old days...I used to run with the dinosaurs! :P

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 5:53pm

jab12, you are not helping your point by exaggerating.

Anyhow, here is the link to the new "Noob Protection - Tutorial"
Noob Protection - Tutorial
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions - comments - complaints Message me --> Borg

Quick Link to: Open a ticket - Quick Link to: Board Rules -
Quick Link to: Bugs & Complaints - Quick Link to: Help & Questions
˙zǝıʞooɔ zɐɥ ǝʍ 'ǝpıs ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ uıoɾ

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 8:39pm

Borg, I may be misunderstanding that tutorial, so I'm hoping that you can clarify something for me. Is the attack restriction based on military ranking (-100 rankings and >50% military points) linked to noob protection, or does that restriction persist even after the target leaves noob protection?

Edit: also, the exclusion of defenses from the fleet ratio auto-escape calculation is just absurd. It actively encourages players to turtle.

[WAR]

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 10:28pm

actually

i'm looking forward to def bashing for honor points, there is no way in hell i'm going to stop raiding newbies which just means, i'm gonna be bashing turtles (most likely miners) defenses, to gain honor points so that i don't become a huge fat 100% target, sure i'll lose a few ships but hey it'll be fun watching gameforge blow half of their own leg off.
-I pray for your continuing service as a savior

zohar88

radioactive cockroach

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 10:45pm

.de just did a bunch of 3.0 implementations, we should expect it soon i guess.

.org had v3.0.0 installed today, .us will get it tomorrow

if you guys were smart. you would rebel to have this update implemented here on this server. first off there are to many bugs with it on the .org server and all others cause they rushed to have this update. and the other reason is NO ONE WANTS THIS UPDATE. SOMEONE NEEDS TO CONTACT GF AND TELL THEM ALL THE COMPLAINTS THAT WE HAVE. BUT THEY DONT LISTEN TO US THEY SAY THEY CARE ABOUT THE USER BUT THEY DONT LISTEN TO US. BUSINESS RULE #1 CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

and those bugs are?
keep in mind that v3.0.1 is already in preparation ;)

Borg, I may be misunderstanding that tutorial, so I'm hoping that you can clarify something for me. Is the attack restriction based on military ranking (-100 rankings and >50% military points) linked to noob protection, or does that restriction persist even after the target leaves noob protection?

Edit: also, the exclusion of defenses from the fleet ratio auto-escape calculation is just absurd. It actively encourages players to turtle.

well, that part of tutorial is a bit confusing, to say at least...
if you are aiming on honor combat, yes it is related even after you exit newb protection.
unfortunately this is one of drawbacks of it, i have already suggested to be altered.

auto-escape works only as long as you are in newb protection
old unis 50k, new unis 500k (i still need to check some details about it), but no fleet will not run off you have more than 50k in old uni

i'm looking forward to def bashing for honor points, there is no way in hell i'm going to stop raiding newbies which just means, i'm gonna be bashing turtles (most likely miners) defenses, to gain honor points so that i don't become a huge fat 100% target, sure i'll lose a few ships but hey it'll be fun watching gameforge blow half of their own leg off.

as the system works now, if you attack and bash players who don't have any combat fleets, your combat will most likely dishonourable, and you will go in - with your hp's

and please, if you have question, ask question and you will get your answer :)
and on other hand, i thought this v3.0 is big pile of c**p, but as i look at it now, it's not so bad, they just made game a bit complicated :)
and hopefully payers will learn how to play untill they reach 50k pt :)